Vinnitsa National Medical University
We are grateful to you for your interest in our University. If you seek to have fundamental knowledge, to work with interesting people, to find in your teachers not only qualified workers keen on their work, but also true friends and interlocutors, who knows how to understand and to listen to the students as to equal, Vinnitsa National Medical University will meet your wishes.
Vinnitsa National Medical University offers you to receive profound higher education at the level of the world standards. The highly qualified staff of the University will ensure your mastering of a chosen speciality at the faculties of Medicine, Dentistry, Medical Psychology and Pharmacy, preparatory department for foreign citizens, and also post-graduate studies (in 53 specialities).
The teaching staff includes 90 Doctors of science, Professors, 340 candidates of science. The tuition programmes are adapted to modern conditions, taking into account the world experience. At the University, continuous up-to-date european system of medical education including pre-college, undergraduate and post-graduate education is carried out. The program of training is subordinated to the main purpose: achieving the level of professionals that gives the right to receive the Physician Degree and the title of “Doctor of Medicine”. At the university 5500 students are trained. In total about 40000 doctors, including more than 6000 foreign citizens have been trained.
The long-term experience of training the students from all regions of the world has allowed to create a unique combination of the academic programs and auxiliary services. At your disposal there are 47 the best medical establishments of Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Khmelnitskiy regions, well equipped educational and scientific complexes, student's campus with comfortable hostels, canteens, health services, sports complex. At their disposal the students have sanitary -sports bases on the shores of the Black Sea and the Southern Bug river. The cultural leisure of the students is varied: there are many amateur circles and studios (dancing, national instruments one, folklore ensemble, folk choir "Nadbuzhanka").
In this prospectus we offer you a brief information about our University. Once again I thank you for interest in our establishment. If you need any additional information or our assistance please, inform us. We look forward to your reply.
Vassiliy Maximovich Moroz
The Rector of the University, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, The corespondent member of Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine, Honoured Scientist of Ukraine, President of Association of the Rectors of Medical Higher Schools of Ukraine, The President of International Academy of Intergatoring Antropology, Member of the World Organization on Brain Study
Brief Information about Vinnitsa National Medical University
Vinnitsa medical university was created in 1921. At the University work more than 500 teachers , including 90 doctors of science, professors, 340 candidates of science.
The University has 6 faculties:
- the medical faculty 1 (speciality – “General medicine”, licensed admission 600 persons with the right of foreign citizens preparation);
- the medical faculty 2 (speciality – “Pediatrics”, licensed admission 120 persons with the right of foreign citizens preparation);
- the faculty of medical psychology (speciality – "Medical Psychology", licensed admission 100 persons with the right of foreign citizens preparation);
- stomatological faculty (speciality – “Stomatology”, licensed admission – 200 persons with the right of foreign citizens preparation);
- pharmaceutical faculty (speciality “Pharmacy” – licensed admission 100 persons with the right of foreign citizens preparation);
- the largest preparatory faculty for foreign citizens (licensed amount – 450 persons a year);
- post-graduate education faculty with the branch office in Khmelnytsky - training in 53 specialities (licensed amount – 1550 persons a year).
There are medical liceum classes, state preparatory courses and medical college.
Main specialities: general medicine (licensed intake - 600 persons); pediatrics (licensed intake - 120 persons); dentistry (licensed intake - 120 persons); pharmacy (licensed intake - 100 persons).
Material - technical basis: 3 educational buildings, modern equipment, research centre and centre of new information technologies, more than 410 modern computers, which are connected up to Internet, large library (500 thousand books), own printing house. On territory of our educational institution the centre of dental orthopedics (prosthetics) was created.
During the University studies the students undergo practice/practicals in clinical skills on the basis of 47 the best medical establishments of Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Khmelnitskiy regions.
The university has 5 hostels, 4 canteens, 7 buffets, sports complex, preventive health centre, sanitary-sports bases on the shores of the Black Sea and the Southern Bug river.
The cultural leisure of the students is varied: there are 36 amateur circles and studios (dancing, national instruments one, folklore ensemble, folk choir “Nadbuzhanka”, 28 sports circles.
More than 40 years Vinnitsa National Medical University has been training medical personnel for countries of Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe (including Greece, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Middle East, France, Sweden, Canada etc.).
Our university is accredited in Ukraine, possessing the status of higher educational establishment of the IV (highest) level, according to the decision of SAC ¹ 020064 series ÑÄ - IV of 22.11.1999. Taking into account nation-wide and international recognition of results of its activity, by the decree of the President of Ukraine L.D.Kuchma of June 19, 2002 the University was given the national status. Besides our medical university, the same National status has only Kyiv National Medical University n.a. A.A.Bogomolets.
The university is furnished with modern educational, scientific and treatment-diagnostic equipment. The construction of the third new educational building is completed. At our University study more than 5500 students and doctors, practical students/ fieldworkers, among them more than 600 foreign citizens. The international students are given free of charge the place at the hostel, medical aid. Educational rooms, the hostels and places of rest are reliably guarded by police at the University’s expense.
Vinnitsa National Medical University is one of the first in Ukraine began to train foreign citizens, it has significant experience in preparation of the specialists for foreign countries. Such preparation began in 1961. Total for the years of Vinnitsa National Medical University existence more than 40.000 physicians, more than 2000 spesialists of the higher qualification – Doctors of Science, Candidates of Science were trained.
More than 6000 citizen from 93 foreign countries of Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and Latin America got the Diplomas of graduation from our University.
Achievements of Vinnitsa National Medical University during the years of Ukrainian independence:
- Opening of the scientific – research centre with the concentration in it of valuable modern diagnostic and laboratory equipment; its interdepartment usage and creating on its basis scientific complexes (morphological - 1991);
- Opening of the first and unique among the higher medical establishment the centre of new informational technologies with branches: 16 computer rooms, computer centre, TV studio, Internet, modern publishing-centre (1992);
- Faculty of medicine: the following specializations were opened: general medicine and pediatrics;
- Reorganization of the medical faculty to trends:
- Therapeutic faculty, “pediatrics”;
- accreditation of the educational establishment to the IV level and changing status to the university's one and its foundation with the presence of scientists from Ukraine, Russia, Byeloruss and Germany on base of the University morphological departmens and research centre of International Academy of integrative anthropology (IAIA) – (1994);
- licensing, creation of editional boards and the organization of editions on the own polygraphic base of the following journals “Vinnitsa National Medical University, bulletin”, “Bulletin of Morphology (International)” - 1993-94;
- long-term leadership among higher medical educational establishments of Ukraine according to the number of received patents on inventions and the results of research work;
- amount of means contributed into the modernization of material and technical, educational and methodical bases;
- foundation of dental faculty and the creation of its four chairs (1994-1996);
- recognition of Vinnitsa National Medical University on the results of rating questioning by International Personnel Department Academy as one of the best among medical institutions of Ukraine according to the quality of training of medical personnel (Journal “Personnel”, “Kyiv”, 1995, ¹ 4);
- reorganization of postgraduate education and its branch in the town of Khmelnytsky (creation of two chairs of postgraduate education and seven years of postgraduate trainining at the chairs of medical faculty - 1996);
- organizational work of specialized council on the questions of candidates dissertation defence according to three specialities – surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedy and traumatology (1997);
- recognition of Vinnitsa National Medical University as one of the best educational institutions of Ukraine and rewarding with special diplomas and medals on the results of participation in open rating of popularity and quality of products (1999, 2000);
- foundation of pharmaceutical faculty, recognition of the university as the best among all medical educational establishments of III-IV accreditation level in the state rating of Ukrainian Ministry of Public Health according to effectiveness of postgraduate course, the number of received patents and positive decisions to receiving patents according to the amount of received grants for 100 persons of professor and teaching staff and according to the number of modern computers, placed at the chairs (2000);
- rewarding of Vinnitsa National Medical University with “III level diploma in the nomination "educational work” according to the reorganization of medical faculty, foundation on its base of two medical faculties 1, 2 and the course of clinical pharmacy (2001);
- foundation of new chairs at dental, medical faculties and the faculty of post-diploma education from 1992-2002, the organization of training in new specialities (dentistry, pharmacy, clinical pharmacy).
On the ground of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decree # 136, dated 03.02.1993 “About education of the foreign citizens in Ukraine” and order of the Ukrainian Ministry of Education dated 11.07.1997, # 267 “ On confirmation of regulations on the rules of registration of tuition contracts of foreign citizens” training of foreign citizens on the contract basis began. Preparatory faculty for foreign citizens of National Pirogov Memorial Medical University,Vinnitsa was opened for the first time in Ukraine among medical higher educational establishments in 1979 in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Education of the USSR of 24.04.1979, ¹ 527 "On formation of the preparatory faculty for foreign citizens in Vinnitsa medical institute", order of the Ministry of Public Health, dated 15.05.1979, ¹ 334. It has the licence # 021649, series ÂÏÄ-IV of the State Accreditation Commission of Ukraine of 26.07.1999 for realization of the educational activity connected with obtaining of higher education at the level of qualification requirements to the preparatory faculty for foreign citizens to licensed intake of 450 (four hundred fifty only) persons. The preparatory faculty for foreign citizens is the educational subsection of the university, which realizes pre-university preparation of the foreign citizens for further obtaining of the higher education at higher educational establishments of Ukraine. The preparatory faculty prepares foreign students in compliance with medico-biological specialization.At Vinnitsa National Medical University the system of foreign citizens intake for study functions in the following directions:
On the basis of agreements (contracts) signed by an educational institution with juridical organizations (firms):
- cooperation with the firm "Scientific informations and consultations" (Syria, branch office in Kiev);
- agreement with Institute of culture "NABHA" (UAE);
- agreement with Ministry of Education of Republic of Yemen from 1999 to 2005;
- established contacts with the Embassies of India, Lebanon, Syria etc.
During the last 5 years international cooperation of our staff is considerably inlarged. Concluded agreements on cooperation with the following foreign educational establishments:
- Munster University – Germany (till 2003);
- Limozh University – France (till 2006);
- Birmingham University – USA (till 2005);
- Vanderbildt University – USA (till 2005);
- Rome University – Italy (till 2006);
- Belgorod University – Russia (till 2005);
- Russian state medical university – Moscow (till 2007);
- S.-Petersburg state medical university – Russia (till 2006).
Signed agreements provide exchange of the students and teaching staff, probation period at the places of work, carrying on joint scientific works which are actual for the medical problems of Ukraine.
The University got Sparkman fund grand (state Alabama, USA) 2,5 mln. $ for realization of combined investigations of medicine during the five year period (till 2005 year). There is the international scientific co-operation with the departments, laboratories of medical universities of Ukraine, Russia, Byeloruss, Czech Republic, Armenia, Austria, Great Britain. The university took part in the international educational exhibitions in Greece, Arab countries, Germany. These measures contribute to the integration of the University to the European and world system of higher education.In correspondence with the concept of pre-university training of foreign citizens the aim of their tuition is their further admission to main faculties of our university or other educational institutions of Ukraine.
Tutoring is conducted under the educational plan and programs in Ukrainian and Russian languages , mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, country studies, which conform to state standards and requests to pre-university training.The constituents of preparation of the students within one academic year are language and fundamental preparation, which assists correlation of a system of knowledge from different disciplines and gives language as the instrument for obtaining of new knowledge. The work of the teachers of the preparatory faculty is coordinated with main faculties: the programs on different disciplines are coordinated, the reports of the teachers on fulfillment of the individual plans are heared, organization and content of work with the foreign students are improved constantly.In groups, where language is studied, the number of students is 5-6 persons. Studying fundamental disciplines two groups are united.
The visit of the Ambassador of the Republic of India in Ukraine
Mr. Vidya Bhushan Soni to our University
All foreign students of the preparatory department and the main faculties supplied with text-books and educational manuals on all special disciplines through the University library and Ukrainian language department. Significant part of the methodical instructions and recommendations have been prepared by the teachers for the last years, were elaborated introductory-phonetic courses on the Russian language for the students of the preparatory faculty. The departments of our university work on elaboration of the new methodical manuals on languages and fundamental disciplines. The teachers carry out start monitoring, control works, give to the students individual tasks, the systematic monitoring of knowledge is ensured. Once in a semester control monitoring of knowledge in the form of examination session is carried out. The education process at the preparatory faculty for foreign citizens is ensured by two departments: of Russian and Ukrainian language and of natural science.At the dept. of Russian and Ukrainian language work 44 teachers. Among them 1 professor, 3 associated professors, 20 senior teachers. All the teachers have higher philological education. At the dept. of natural sciences work 11 teachers, among them 2 associated professors, 8 senior teachers, who teach students in 4 subject sections (physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics and computer science). The educational process is carried out in 20 profile cabinets, linguaphone room and conference hall of the educational building. The foreign citizens have use of cultural - sports complexes of the university. In educational building and students hostels the canteens and buffets work. The first-aid post functions, where the foreigners are rendered first aid, pass a medical examination, including HIV-AIDS tests and other infectious diseases. The students of the preparatory faculty live at the University hostels, which meet modern sanitary-hygienic requests. For the period of existence of the preparatory faculty all its graduates successfully continue tuition at the faculties of our university and at other high schools of Ukraine.
The List of basic Diplomas, Honorary Diplomas, Licenses, Awards of Vinnitsa National Medical University1960 – by the Decree of Presidium of the Supreme Body of the USSR the university was given the name of N.I. Pirogov
1984 – by the Decree of Presidium of the Supreme Body of the USSR the university was awarded by order “Budge of Honour“ for success in training doctors and teaching staff, rendering assistance to practical public health services
1994 – the university was accredited on the IV (highest) level (Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine ¹ 408, dated 15.06.94)
1994 – foundation together with the scientists from Ukraine, Russia, Byelorussia and Germany on the base of the University morphological departments and research centre of International Academy of integrative anthropology
1995 – the University is included in the state register of the participant of external economic relations (certificate PR ¹ 1305/3978)
1996 – by the results of rating inquiry of Interregional Personnel Academy the university was considered the best among medical higher schools of Ukraine on quality of training doctors
1997, 2000 – for the high rating the university was awarded with the special diploma by the independent experts of International Personnel Academy
1999, 2000 – recognition of Vinnitsa National Medical University as one of the best educational institutions of Ukraine and rewarding with special diplomas and medals on the results of the participation in open rating of popularity and quality
2000 – foundation of pharmaceutical faculty, recognition of the university as the best among all medical educational establishments of III-IV accreditation level in the state rating of Ukrainian Ministry of Public Health according to effectiveness of postgraduate course, the number of received patents and positive decisions to receiving patents according to the amount of received grants for 100 persons of professor and teaching staff and according to the number of modern computers placed at the chairs
2001 – rewarding of Vinnitsa National Medical University with “III level diploma in the nomination educational work” according to the reorganization of medical faculty, foundation on its base of two medical faculties 1, 2 and the course of clinical pharmacy
2001 – By the “International Academic Rating” Diploma of popularity and quality of the “Golden fortune” competition Ukraine National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnitsa was awarded on the 24 th of August, 2001
2002 – by the President of Ukraine decree of June, 19 2002, 560/2002 our University was awarded the highest mark of distinction – National status and is called Ukraine National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnitsa
|Total area of the University in square meters:||111092|
|Area of the General Library in square meters:||1482|
|Area of the lectures rooms in square meters:||70106|
|Minimum area allocated to each student|
in the lecture rooms in square meters:
|Total number of students in the University:||4027|
|Total number of faculty members:||542|
|• Associated professors:||5|
|• Assistant professors:||340|
|• Associate lecturer:||107|
|Student : Teacher ratio:||5,5:1|
|Minimum credit hours required for completion of the first academic degree:|
|Majors, degrees awarded, & duration of study for each major:|
|General Medicine||Physician, M.D.||6 years|
|Pediatrics||Pediatrician, M.D.||6 years|
|Dentistry||Dentist, M.D.||5 years|
|Pharmacy||Pharmacist, Pharmacy Doctor||5 years|
|Clinical Pharmacy||Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy Doctor||5 years|
THE LIST OF MEDICAL SPECIALTIES AVAILABLE FOR THE POST-GRADUATE TRAINING
|1.||Obstetrics and Gynecology||28.||Otorhinolaryngology|
|2.||Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy||29.||Ophthalmology|
|3.||Skin and Venereal Diseases||30.||Pathological Anatomy|
|7.||Pediatric Traumatology and Orthopedics||34.||Roentgenology|
|10.||Pediatric Stomatology||37.||Forensic Medicine|
|11.||Pediatric Surgery||38.||Therapeutic Stomatology|
|12.||Pediatric infectious diseases||39.||Internal Medicine|
|14.||General practice – family medicine||41.||Hematology|
|15.||Infectious and Tropical Diseases||42.||Cardiology|
|17.||Clinical laboratory diagnostics||44.||Pulmonology|
|18.||Emergency cases medicine||45.||Rheumatology|
|19.||Microbiology with Virusology||46.||Functional diagnostics|
|22.||Clinical biochemistry||49.||Surgical stomatology|
|25.||Organization and economics of Public Health Services||52.||Vascular surgery|
|26.||Orthopedic Stomatology||53.||Thoracic surgery|
|27.||Traumatology and Orthopedics|
*- Advanced course: the term of training – 1-2 years; Master of Medical Science course - 1-2 years; specialized training ( clinical ordinatura) the term of training – 2 years; post-graduate studies: the term of training – 3 years.
Address of the University
Postal address: Pirogova Str., 56, Vinnytsya, Ukraine, 21018